Not only was this past Sunday Father's Day but we also had the opportunity to attend the blessing of one of our nieces. It was great to get to be there for it. Julia Emma was born to David's brother Scott and his wife Brenda the end of May and is such a bundle of joy. She is adorable and I'm glad that we live close enough to see her often and watch her grow. It seems she has changed so much in the few weeks since she was born already. Little ones change so quickly.
She was blessed in one of the blessing dresses that David crocheted when the twins were born. Since I was not in the family at the time the twins were blessed this was the first time that I have seen the dress. Lets just say the pictures don't do it justice. They are BEAUTIFUL!!!! I can't believe that David is so talented and crochets so well. It's absolutely amazing. I can crochet a little but David is really good at it.
Julia Emma in her blessing dress
Having David's dad in town for Father's Day was great too. We love him very much and are thankful that he is part of our life. We don't typically get to spend Father's Day with our dads and it was great to get to do it this year with one of them. Thanks to both our dad's for always being there and for being so supportive in our lives. We couldn't ask for better fathers than the two of you. Dad S and Dad H we love you both very, very much and hope you had a fantastic Father's Day.





This dress is absolutely gorgeous. David, you have an amazing talent. I am so jealous; but, I won't covet and wish I had your talent. LOL I'm too blind to be able to crochet now anyway. It is just so awesome that you have the patience to do such tedious work. What lucky little girls those three were to be blessed in such beautiful dresses. I am so proud of you and your abilities and talents. Keep up the good work. Maybe someday I can talk you into making me an afghan.
ReplyDeleteLove to both you and Shelena.
Mom H.